Hi all! The entries are in consecutive order. It is like an ongoing book; so to make sense of things, just start with the first entry. From the bottom to the top. Hope it isn't confusing!

Monday, May 7, 2012

PAGE 37 BEAUTY AND THE BEAST(WAR IN THE BODY)

Before the fall, Adam and Eve were at peace or "shalom" with their creator.  Their body, soul and spirit were also in "shalom" with each other.  The word "shalom" in hebrew means wholeness and completeness.  Their spirit was getting recharged continuously  from the tree of life and was ruling over their soul and body, which brought unity and wholeness to them.


When Adam and Eve decided to agree with Satan and then willfully act upon it,  the three parts of their body became disunited and were at war with one another. Now the part of them that is like Satan, the flesh,  rules over their soul.  Their spirit has now become disconnected from the power of God and can be overwhelmed by fleshly desires and uncontrolled emotions.  


Satan, the adversary of God, is ecstatic because he now has what he wanted:  to be ruler of the world and of mankind.  He believes he has now thwarted God's plan to give humankind the ability to spread the kingdom of Yahweh Elohim to all the earth.  All he has to do is to get men to willfully sin and then they will have to be condemned by the righteous God who cannot live with sin or evil.  He thinks this will be easy to do since he controls them by their flesh and prompts them by whispering in their ear to act out against the moral law of god, that they know by their spirit, and against God himself.  The Apostle Paul describes this struggle in himself and all humans as it was up until the Holy Spirit was poured out on the day of Pentecost.  He says:


"For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. I do not understand what I do.  For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.  And if I do what I do not want to do,  I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin that dwells in me.  I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh.  For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.  So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.  For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members."  Romans 7:14-23


Now Yahweh Elohim,  who wanted to partner with humankind on the earth and who is a God of justice,  cannot destroy Satan without destroying all people because Satan doesn't actually commit the sins, but gets humans to.

No comments:

Post a Comment